Paul Onuachu may have finished as Goal King in the regular season in Belgium, but players from Senegal still outscored their Nigerian counterparts in the Jupiler Pro League.
Players from Senegal in Belgium scored 48 goals, while Nigerian players got 43 goals all through the regular season, which ended on Sunday.
It should be noted that Ike Ugbo, who scored 16 goals for Cercle Brugge, was considered as English and not Nigerian and that tilted the advantage to Senegal.
As expected players from Belgium finished top of the goals stats with 260 goals, followed by the players from France with 64 goals.
Senegal were third and Nigeria fourth.
For the Top 10 individual scorers, we had players from Nigeria (Onuachu), Ukraine, France, Japan, Austria and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Overall top scorer list:
01. Paul Onuachu ( Genk/ Nigeria) – 29 goals
02. Thomas Henry (Oud-Heverlee Leuven / France) – 21 goals
03. Gianni Bruno (Zulte Waregem / Belgium) – 20 goals
04. Roman Yaremchuk ( Gent) / Ukraine) – 17 goals
05. Yuma Suzuki (Sint-Truiden / Japan) – 17 goals
06. Raphael Holzhauser (Beerschot / Austria) – 16 goals
07. Smail Prevljak (KAS Eupen / Bosnia and Herzegovina) – 16 goals
08. Ike Ugbo (Cercle Brugge / England) – 16 goals
09. Noa Lang (Club Brugge / Netherlands) – 14 goals
10 Theo Bongonda (KRC Genk / Belgium) – 14 goals
In total 914 goals were scored during the 34-week season.