What are the 7 things we do not know about the Super Eagles No 7 Ahmed Musa, who has set the World Cup in Russia alight with two superbly-taken strikes against Iceland?
- Ahmed Musa was born at Bukuru near Jos at Layin Bani Kwabo. He was popularly known as ‘Amadu’ when he was growing up.
2. His father Alhaji Musa, who originally hailed from Borno State, was also a footballer and played for Cosmos of Bukuru now defunct. He died when Ahmed was still a kid and the winger was brought up by his mother, Sarah, who is a Christian and from Edo State
3. He had the chance to start his career in Europe with AS Roma in the Italian Serie A, but opted for the modest Dutch club VVV Venlo, from where he moved for big money to CSKA Moscow.
4. He attended Saint Peace Primary School and Iya’ul Islamic Secondary School all in Bukuru
5. He is the last child in the family with his other siblings being Lawan, Umar and Zainab
6. He started his career at Baby Mighty Football Club and Napoli all in Bukuru
7. It is understood he shelled out about 60 million Naira to give cash and food stuff to needy mothers and children in Kano during the recent Holy Month of the Ramadan.