Ghanaian coach Yaw Preko has told Scorenigeria.com.ng his fate will be decided after a meeting with the management of FC Ifeanyiubah after they exited the Aiteo Cup Thursday.
Preko has a year’s contract with the Nigeria cup holders.
“For now, nothing is decided. There will be a meeting of the management and after that we know what next”, Preko told Scorenigeria.com.ng in a pensive mood after cup holders FC Ifeanyiubah were bundled out of the cup competition they won last year by Niger Tornadoes.
Reviewing events that cost his side the opportunity of retaining the Federation Cup just as Heartland did in 2011 and 2012, the former Ghana Black Stars international said it was a painful experience seeing his players fail to rise up to the Tornadoes challenge.
“It is most painful, our players did not raise their game,” Preko lamented.
“But that was the much we could do under the circumstance we found ourselves.
“The players were exhausted going through games after games because we had only 18 players available right from matchday 34 of the season.
“The same players played in all the four last games of the season and the (Federation) Cup games too.
“Ifeanyi Onuigbo stopped coming. Prince Aggreh stopped coming.
“Chijioke Alakwe was out injured. Yaya Kone was also out injured and others.
“Some others, Stephen Eze, Ikechukwu Ezenwa and others were in the national team.
“So, we fought a good fight, we can only go back to the drawing board for the next season.”
On why some of the players like striker Onuigbo and winger Aggreh walked out on the club when they needed their services most, Preko said none of them told him anything.
“I do not know if they have issues with the management that bother on contractual obligation,” he said.
“Nobody told me anything but that is their career and they have to deal with it.”
By Sab Osuji